Voting for the best reportages of January
Online voting for the best reportages (blog posts) of January — is started and will continue until 23:59 UTC on February, 28.
Results of the voting will be published on March 01, and authors of three reportages (blog posts), who will receive the highest number of votes will be awarded with 50, 30, and 10 bonus points, it will be noted in the ranking table.
Every ham radio amateur — our website authorized visitor can take part in the vote.
Each voter has only one vote:
- read the reportages (it can be done as via the main menu item "Blogs", and as via direct links to related reportages in the Vote form);
- click on the "radio button" before the name of the selected reportage and confirm your selection by pressing "Vote" button at the bottom of the voting form (before clicking "Vote" button, you can change your choice many times as much as necessary);
- voting results will be available for viewing at 00:00 UTC on March, 01.
All authorized web site visitors can comment on reportages and ask questions just like almost everything else on our web site using comment forms, can create topics and participate in discussions on the forum.
We do not translate the reportages in Blog section and forum messages to other languages. You can use, if desired, an automatic Google translation by special button in upper right corner of pages (TRANSLATE BY GOOGLE).
The next vote for the February reportages will begin on March, 15.
Trophies in 2016
Refinement of the Marathon Rules, Map of places where from we are QRV etc.
- We have refined the criteria when radio station is considered as field if placed in the parks and recreational areas within the boundaries of settlements.
Refinement takes effect since 1 March 2017.
- The Map is published where we periodically mark all the places from which our participants are active on air.
Item in the main menu — “WHENCE?”
- When announcing your outing in the calendar (“ANNOUNCEMENTS”), you can now specify the alleged place of activity on the map, using the already existing list items or create a new location.
The updated version of the website
- The content of 2016 is moved to the archive, still remaining accessible for reading;
- Rules and schedule of seasonal activity days in Marathon 2017 are published;
- Ranking tables with the results of the first participants of Marathon 2017 are published;
- Marathon participants can now to publish participation reportages, stories, reviews on the participation in their blogs at the site;
- Marathon participants can now announce their outing in a special calendar;
- Appearance of the site is slightly modified, it became less heavy and more readable in our opinion;
- A more advanced and user-friendly navigation, a much more flexible layout.
Working on the site is not finished yet, the new already quite able to work features — blogs and calendar — still require some fine-tuning. We will inform our registered users about new features and changes at the site in our subscription lists.
If you notice any broken or improperly working links, improper operation of any features, etc. "bugs", please tell us in the forum thread “Замечания к функционированию сайта” in Russian or English.
73! Stay in touch.
Results of “Field Flowers” outdoor QRP Marathon in 2016. Awarding
The “Field Flowers” QRP Marathon in 2016 was attended by 58 hams from 7 countries (ES, EW, JA, LZ, UA, UR, Z3). Moreover, the number of participants was growing from month to month. Of a total of 39 stations continuously participated in the Marathon and its activities.
The Seasonal activity days were carried out four times during the year, each of them was attended outdoors by 17 to 28 QPR fans.
Marathon participants came outdoors more than 700 times, almost 500 of them — to new for themselves places. In total 8714 QSOs with all six continents has been held in the Marathon, 4442 QSO by CW, 3772 QSO by Phone modes and 500 QSO in digital modes. 488 QSO was established through SAT-repeaters.
We announce a competition for all Marathon participants for most distant QSO by CW, SSB and DIGI in two groups: QRP (5 watts) and QRPP (1 watt). An additional prize will be issued for most distant QSO established by power 500 mW or less.
— call sign;
— QSO data;
— equipment and power used;
— distance from applicant to the correspondent;
— both WW-Locators
Subject of your message should contain your callsign and word "competition".
The results of the competition will published on our website of 17 January, 17 2017.